Friday, August 29, 2008

New Chick-fil-a sauce

Recently Chick-fil-a updated their classic Strips by changing the breading recipe and making them bigger. Now instead of a choice between a 4-count or a 6-count, you get a 3- or a 4-, but the new ones are certainly noticeably bigger so you're not getting ripped off. Accompanying the new strips is a new "Chick-fil-a" sauce. It's yellowish, and bares a strong resemblance to run-of-the-mill honey mustard, and though I can't qualify the difference between this sauce and honey mustard, there certainly is a difference. The difference is not that striking, however, and my lack of memory concerning whether or not Chick-fil-a currently offers honey mustard is the line that determines if this was a necessary addition or not.

Chicken strip-wise, I'm a pretty big Ranch loyalist, though occasionally I'll dip my strip in some honey mustard or Chick-fil-a's tasty polynesian sauce. Chick-fil-a sauce was decent, but I imagine upon future returns to the chain I'll probably stick to the staples when I get the strips (or nuggets, even).

Edit: I checked C-f-a's website, and they do offer Honey Mustard Sauce, and an investigation of the ingredients of the Chick-fil-a sauce pegs it as nothing more than a Honey Mustard/BBQ sauce combination. Give sauce dippers a little credit; they could have come up with this on their own.

No comments: